There are literally hundreds if not thousands of web hosting service providers to choose from so How to Choose the Right Web Hosting Provider?
First off, It is very Important to choose the right web hosting service provider because your are essentially choosing a business partner. They are in charge of housing and securing your website files, images, databases, and other content that make up your website.
They are the company you will rely on to keep your business up and running online.
If new and want to understand what is web hosting and why you need it to run a website online then read this article What is Web Hosting first to understand what web hosting is.
Factors to consider when choosing a web hosting company
There are many factors to consider when choosing a web hosting company for your business such as disk space, bandwidth, server speed and reliability. You also want to be sure that you go with a company with a good reputation. A company should have a reputation built over several years for consistent service and staying power so they will be there well into the future.
Below is a list of what to look for.
- 24/7 Support: – knowledgeable support team available 24/7/365 to help you in case you have any questions or encounter a problem.
- Security – Of course you need security to block hackers before they can do damage to your site.
- Fast Sever Speed – No body likes slow websites and these day’s search engines (Google) don’t either.
- Server Reliability (uptime) – If your site goes down all the time your business and profits go down so it’s extremely important to go with a reliable web host .
- Scalability to Grow – While you might be shopping for a hosting service for your small business, you should consider partnering with a service that can scale with you as you get bigger.
- cPanel (control panel)- cPanel is the standard and leading web-based control panel that is used for managing your web hosting service accounts. It provides you with the tools like that you need in order to successfully create, administer, and manage your websites using your favorite web browser.
- FTP Access – FTP stands for “File Transfer Protocol” which lets you upload files from your local computer to your web server.
- Free Business Email – Most web host should include free email hosting for your website’s primary email. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ability To Add Domains – While you may be starting with a single website and domain name, you may soon realize the need for multiple websites, domains and subdomains in popularizing your site.
- SSL certificates – (for secure sites using the https:// protocol) You will need an SSL certificate if you are collecting personal information such as names, email addresses, processing credit card information, etc.
- Free CDN – CDN is a group of servers connected worldwide that automatically determines the fastest route to deliver your site to your visitors. (Most web host charge for this)
- Setup Popular Applications With 1-Click – Able to install blogs, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, eCommerce solutions and so much more with 1-click.
A good web host empowers you to seamlessly serve your content on the internet, provide your visitors with an excellent user experience, and attract as many users as possible to your website.
Now that you know How to Choose a Web Hosting Provider your ready to get started with a new website!