Doing an SEO audit is the single best way to identify what’s holding back the performance of your website. In this SEO audit tutorial video, Nathan Gotch, founder of Gotch SEO, will show you How to do an SEO Audit using the all-in-one SEMrush SEO platform using a real-life example (from a personal injury lawyer client) to demonstrate.
SEO Audit Tools
The good news is that performing an SEO audit successfully doesn’t require a lot of SEO tools.
Semrush Site Audit Tool — (used in the video).
Google Analytics — Google Analytics provides metrics and data about your site’s performance in their search engine.
What Is an SEO Audit?
If you are new to SEO you may be wondering what is an SEO audit. An SEO audit is a process of identifying any problem or errors on your website that can prevent your website from ranking on Google and other search engines.
An SEO audit is composed of several components, including:
- Ensuring that Google properly crawls, indexes, and displays your website.
- Checking for on-page SEO errors on your website.
- Inspect your off-page SEO for any potential concerns on other websites linking back to your site.
- Optimizing your content for keywords.
Why Are SEO Audits Important?
The importance of SEO audits for your company’s website is as follows:
- Prevent losing organic traffic as a result of bad site health issues.
- Prevent losing out on possible sales or letting competitors gain an advantage.
- Prevent your site from not being indexed properly in the search results.
- Prevent being penalized by Google for harmful backlinks.
In other words, doing an SEO audit can help you identify any problems on your website costing you traffic and sales.
How to do an SEO Audit
Before you start working through the audit process, go ahead and run a site crawl with the SEMrush site auditing tool.
They have a free version of their Site Audit tool to help you get started.
Next, Follow along with Natan’s video where he shows you how to do an SEO audit using a real-life example from a personal injury lawyer client to demonstrate.
- How to do a Keyword audit,
- How to do a Technical audit,
- How to do a Content audit,
- How to do an On-page SEO audit,
- How to do a Backlink audit.
The goal of this process is to find every possible SEO opportunity that exists on any website.
So get your favorite note-taking device and get ready to learn one of the most important parts of an SEO campaign.